Umiles Next Concept Integrity
Umiles Group was founded in San Sebastián, Spain in 2016 and became a leading company in unmanned aerial systems. The company offers custom services for national and international customers. In 2019, the company's first flight of an electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) passenger prototype aircraft took place in an indoor stadium. In 2020, Umiles Next was formed. The company's goal is to be a world leader in advanced, efficient and sustainable mobility for both eVTOL passenger aircraft for advanced aerial mobility (AAM) and ground transportation to improve people's lives. The company's goals are to provide an aircraft that is made with passenger comfort and the use of sustainable materials.
Umiles Next unveiled the Concept Integrity two passenger piloted eVTOL aircraft at the World ATM Congress in Madrid, Spain on June 21, 2022. The aircraft has a canopy over the cockpit for excellent views for the pilot and passenger. In the future, the company expects the aircraft to be autonomous. Concept Integrity is the first eVTOL air taxi using 100% Spanish technology, development and manufacturing, says the company.
Concept Integrity has a cruise speed of 80 km/h (50 mph), a range of 15 km (9 miles) and a flight time of 15 minutes. The empty weight of the aircraft is 550 kg (1,212 lb), its maximum payload weight is 100 kg (220 lb) and its maximum takeoff weight 650 kg (1,433 lb).
The aircraft has a canard-like boom configuration that make a total of four booms. Two booms are located at the forward bottom of the fuselage and the rear two booms are located at the top of the fuselage. At the end of each boom is a tilting propeller assembly where four booms are attached at 90 degree angles to each other and at each end of each boom is a propeller. Electric motors are located directly under each propeller. The aircraft has a total of 16 propellers and 16 electric motors.
Each propeller assembly can tilt independently of each other and each propeller can work independently of all other propellers providing the aircraft with excellent stability and controlability in calm to gusty winds. The aircraft has fixed skid landing gear and can land on almost any surface in real time.
The company expects Concept Integrity to be used for on-demand air taxi service, personal use, tourism, police, fire, disaster relief, emergency use for doctors, search and rescue, government use and air cargo service. The company's plans are to have the serial production started for Concept Integrity by 2027.
- Aircraft type: eVTOL passenger and cargo aircraft
- Piloting: 1 pilot (in the future, autonomous)
- Capacity: 2 passengers
- Cruise speed: 80 km/h (50 mph)
- Range: 15 km (9 miles)
- Flight time: 15 minutes
- Cruise altitude:
- Empty weight: 550 kg (1,212 lb)
- Maximum payload: 100 kg (220 lb)
- Maximum takeoff weight: 650 kg (1,433 lb)
- Propellers: 16 propellers
- Electric motors: 16 electric motors
- Power source: Batteries
- Fuselage: Carbon fiber composite
- Window: Canopy over cockpit
- Landing gear: Fixed skid landing gear
- Safety features: Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its passengers and/or cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers (or ducted fans) and motors on the aircraft so if one or more propellers (ducted fans) or motors fail, the other working propellers (or ducted fans) and motors can safely land the aircraft. There are also redundancies in the sub-systems of the aircraft.
- Umiles Next website
- Umiles Group website
- Tecnalia website
- Umiles Group Facebook
- Umiles Group Twitter
- Umiles Group YouTube Channel
- Umiles Group Instagram
- Umiles Group LinkedIn
- Article: Urban Air Mobility flight trials will be staged in Toulouse and Bordeaux, Future Flight, Mar. 25, 2021
- Article: Umiles presents the first Spanish air taxi for autonomous travel in cities, Today in 24, Oct. 26, 2021
- Article: UMILES Launches the First 100% Spanish Aero-Taxi, Inside Unmanned Systems, Nov. 1, 2021
- Article: UMILES presents advance air and ground mobility solutions. UMILES will also unveil the model of the all-new Integrity piloted aircraft, scheduled to be launched in 2027, ATC Network, June 21, 2022
- Article: Umiles presents new Spanish eVTOL, Allplane, July 12, 2022
- Merk T Hover School Bus 02 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Car 25 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Voiture 44 (concept design)
- Merk T Copter Car 8 (concept design)
- Merk Heli T-Arrow (concept design)
- Chatillon MotoFly (concept design)
- Galvani Fly Citycopter (concept design)
- Jantschke Megacity Aviation (concept design)
- FBike Flying Bike (technology demonstrator)
- 3D Molier Cargo Quadrocopter Drone (concept design)