V Speeder (concept design)
V_Space Co., Ltd. (Visionary Mobility)
Incheon, South Korea
Founded in 2010, V_Space Co., Ltd. (also known as Visionary Mobility) is a manufacturer of electric motorcycles, electric scooters and electric batteries. The company is also designing and is in the process of manufacturing electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft for advanced air mobility (AAM).
V Speeder V1 one passenger eVTOL concept design multicopter
The V Speeder is one passenger eVTOL concept design multicopter personal air vehicle. The aircraft has been designing to reduce its complexity, keep the price as low as possible for the consumer, have all high reliability components and be more safe than conventional aircraft. The avionics uses triple redundant flight computers to increase the safety of the aircraft. The sensors also include Lidar which provide obstacle avoidance and the aircraft has an automatic landing feature.
The pilot uses a 3-axis joystick with a throttle lever to control the aircraft. The pilot is protected by a canopy over the cockpit. While most specifications are unknown for the aircraft, the multicopter has four tilting-ducted propeller housings, each duct has two propellers. There is an open framework circling the entire aircraft which holds the tilt-ducts and also protects the tilt-ducts and their propellers if the aircraft bumps into anything. The aircraft has eight electric motors and uses Lithium-ion battery packs for its power source. The aircraft has fixed tricycle wheeled landing gear.
The aircraft has Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP) which provides safety through redundancy for the passengers. The eight propellers and eight electric motors increase the safety because if one or two of the propellers or electric motors fail, the other propellers will allow the aircraft to continue to fly and land safely.
- Aircraft type: One passenger eVTOL concept design multicopter aircraft
- Piloting: 1 pilot
- Cruise speed: Unknown
- Propellers: 8 ducted tilt-propellers (has a protective open framework around the ducted tilt-propellers)
- Electric motors: 8 electric motors
- Power source: Lithium-ion batteries
- Fuselage: Carbon fiber composite
- Windows: Canopy over the cockpit
- Landing gear: Fixed tricycle wheeled landing gear
- Safety features: Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its passengers and/or cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers (or ducted fans) and motors on the aircraft so if one or more propellers (ducted fans) or motors fail, the other working propellers (or ducted fans) and motors can safely land the aircraft. There are also redundancies in the sub-systems of the aircraft.