V_Space Co., Ltd. (Visionary Mobility)
Incheon, South Korea
Founded in 2010, V_Space Co., Ltd. (also known as Visionary Mobility) is a manufacturer of electric motorcycles, electric scooters and electric batteries. The company is also designing and is in the process of manufacturing electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft for advanced air mobility (AAM).
V_Space showcased their V Speeder one-passenger multicopter personal air vehicle eVTOL aircraft at EAA AirVenture from July 25–July 31, 2022 at Oshkosh, Wisconsin (USA).
The aircraft has been designing to reduce its complexity, keep the price as low as possible for the consumer, have high reliability of all the components of the aircraft and be more safe than conventional aircraft. The avionics uses triple redundant flight computers to increase the safety of the aircraft. The sensors also include Lidar which provide obstacle avoidance and the aircraft has an automatic landing feature.
The pilot uses a 3-axis joystick with a throttle lever to control the aircraft. The maximum speed of the aircraft is 100 km/h (62 mph) with a flight time of 15 minutes. The cruise altitude is unknown. The empty weight of the aircraft is 82 kg (181 lb), the maximum payload is 90 kg (198 lb) and the maximum takeoff weight is 172 kg (379 lb).
The aircraft has an open cockpit with roll bars, has eight propellers, eight electric motors and uses lithium-ion batteries for its power source. The batteries are estimated to have a charge have charge time of 1-3 hours. The aircraft has fixed skid-type landing gear. Having fixed skid-type landing gear typically reduces the cost of the aircraft, reduces the weight of the aircraft and reduces the complexity of the aircraft.
The aircraft has Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP) which provides safety through redundancy for the passengers. The eight propellers and eight electric motors increase the safety because if one or two of the propellers or electric motors fail, the other propellers will allow the aircraft to continue to fly and land safely.
No mention has been said by the company if their multicopter demonstrator has flown or not. Also, the company has not stated when they estimate when serial production will occur.
- Aircraft type: eVTOL passenger aircraft
- Piloting: 1 pilot using a 3 axis joystick and throttle lever
- Maximum cruise speed: 100 km/h (62 mph)
- Range: Unknown
- Flight time: 15 minutes
- Cruise altitude: Unknown
- Empty weight: 82 kg (181 lb)
- Maximum payload: 90 kg (198 lb)
- Maximum takeoff weight: 172 kg (379 lb)
- Propellers: 8 propellers
- Electric motors: 8 electric motors
- Power source: Lithium-ion batteries (charging time: 1-3 hours)
- Fuselage: Unknown
- Windows: Open cockpit with roll bars
- Landing gear: Fixed skid landing gear
- Safety features: Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its passengers and/or cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers (or ducted fans) and motors on the aircraft so if one or more propellers (ducted fans) or motors fail, the other working propellers (or ducted fans) and motors can safely land the aircraft. There are also redundancies in the sub-systems of the aircraft.