Doroni Aerospace, Inc.
Coral Springs, Florida, USA
Founder and CEO Doron Merdinger started the Doroni company in 2016 because he believes the technology is now here to make the future of traveling clean and wheelless. Merdinger from the start, wants his electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) aircraft to be available to purchase from the consumer, businesses and governments. "Why limit the future?," says Merdinger, "Allow everyone to buy these (aircraft)."
The number one priority of the company is passenger safety. The aircraft has to be completely safe. The additional goals for the aircraft will be for the aircraft to be very easy to use (simpler than driving a car), fast Urban Air Mobility (UAM), affordable to everyone and no exhaust pollution. The eVTOL aircraft will have multiple ways for controlling the aircraft including Artificial Intelligence (AI) and sensor systems.
The company has an international team of engineers and designers prototype building, testing and ultimately, designing their production aircraft. The company is building a production prototype now but is not available for public viewing.
The X8 eVTOL aircraft is the company's third design, a sleek and modern design which carrying two passengers inside an enclosed cockpit. The aircraft has a total of four propeller nacelles on each corner of the aircraft which are incorporated into its fuselage. There is also a front grill, to possibly provide the air intake for the cabin ventilation system and also cool the batteries. The aircraft is also self-balancing. The name X8, is decoded with the X denoting the airframe type and the 8 denotes the eight sets of propellers.
On June 10, 2021, Space Florida and the Florida Venture Forum announced that Doroni won the 2nd Place prize of $15,000.00 USD at the all-virtual sixth annual 2021 Aerospace Innovation and Tech Forum. Twenty presenting companies were selected from a pool of more than 84+ applicants by a committee of active Florida venture capital investors. Space Florida provided the Accelerating Innovation prize money totaling $100,000.00 USD.
The company predicts their eVTOL aircraft will eliminate the need for all roads. The company is also looking for investors. The company foresees that after a successful launch of their product their estimate for the first year in sales will be five million USD. The company plans to launch their first eVTOL aircraft in 2023.
- Aircraft type: eVTOL
- Piloting: Piloted by passenger and also by Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Capacity: 2 passengers
- Propellers: 8 propellers
- Electric Motors: 8 electric motors
- Propeller louvers: The aircraft has movable louvers so when the aircraft has landed, the louvers close making it safer for passengers and to keep debris from entering the propeller area
- Doors: 2 doors with windows
- Windows: Cock pit glass continues to rooftop providing panoramic spectacular views.
- Safety Features: The aircraft can take over the flying of the aircraft, if the passenger makes a mistake during flight because the aircraft will have Artificial Intelligence (AI) to keep the passenger safe. The aircraft is also self-balancing. Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its passengers and/or cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers and motors on the aircraft so if one or more motors or propellers fail, the other working motors and propellers can safely land the aircraft.