Mr. Tian Yu founded Autoflight in 2016 and is headquartered in Shanghai, China. Autoflight is an aviation technology company specialized in the research and development of autonomous flight and electric vertical takeoff and landing (eVTOL) technology and aircraft manufacturing. Autoflight has set up research and development facilities in Munich, Germany and in Shenzhen, China, and have several manufacturing facilities across China. Mr. Tian Yu is also the founder of Yuneec, the predecessor of Autoflight, which was a world leader in consumer drones and the manufacturer of the e-Spyder single-seat electric ultralight and E430 two-seat electric ultralight which first flew in June 2009.
Safety and reliability is a top priority for Autoflight and is applying interdisciplinary technologies to their aviation products including new materials, artificial intelligence, autonomous technology, sense and avoid in the air technology, multi-redundant flight control system, microelectronics, 4G and 5G telecommunication for multi-channel communication, ground radar assisted remote takeoff and landing function and many other technologies.
The Autoflight V1000 eVTOL cargo aircraft is the largest cargo drone the company has made to date; however, very little has been announced about this aircraft to date.
- Aircraft: eVTOL heavy-lift cargo drone
- Piloting: Autonomous
- Cargo: Detachable cargo pod
- Cruising speed: Unknown
- Maximum cargo load: Unknown
- Propellers: 8 VTOL propellers, 1 pusher propeller
- VTOL airframe landing gear: Front legs retract into VTOL boom frame when in flight. With two fixed rear tail wheels
- Safety features: Distributed Electric Propulsion (DEP), provides safety through redundancy for its passengers and/or cargo. DEP means having multiple propellers and motors on the aircraft so if one or more motors or propellers fail, the other working motors and propellers can safely land the aircraft.
- Autoflight website
- Autoflight Twitter
- Autoflight YouTube Channel
- Autoflight LinkedIn
- IO Aircraft Challenger SC
- V.MO Sky Garden (full scale mockup)
- Lyte Aviation LA-44 SkyBus
- Voltline Skyla_V2 (production aircraft)
- Voltline Skyla_V1 (prototype)
- Voltline Skyla (prototype)
- V_Space V Speeder V3
- V_Space V Speeder V2
- Sikorsky Aircraft Hybrid-Electric Demonstrator (HEX)
- ARC Aero Systems C-150 (production model)