AutoFlightX was founded in February of 2018 by Yu Tian, creator of Chinese drone company Yuneec International. The company hopes to have a flying prototype by the end of 2018.
The BAT600 was designed by Yuneec in 2017, so it is currently unclear as to whether AutoFlightX is developing this design or another. The BAT600 can either be ordered as completely battery powered or as hybrid electric. The aircraft has two forward and two rear coaxial positions for eight lifting propellers, as well as one pusher propeller for flight mode as well as a fixed wing.
On July 17, 2018, it was announced that the company would join Volocopter, Lilium, and Quantum Systems at the new Oberpfaffenhofen eVTOL test facility. As of April 2019, the AutoFlightX website does not mention the BAT600 aircraft and was probably the first or at least, a past design concept which is now defunct. The aircraft that replaced the BAT600 concept design is the V600 prototype. AutoFlightX is also developing a cargo craft named the V880.
||2 hours electric
5 hours hybrid
- Website: AutoFlightX
- Vertiflite Article: German Ultralight VTOL Innovations, Ian Frain, September/October 2016
- Article: Per Flugtaxi an die Weltspitze, OVB Online, July 17, 2018
- Article: AutoFlightX Breaks Cover, evtol.news, April 18, 2019
- Article: Oshkosh e-AirVenture, Vertiflite, Sep/Oct 2019
- Article: AutoFlightX Prepares for Takeoff, Vertiflite, November/December 2019